What is Cholesterol?
Cholesterol is an important part of cell membranes and is important to the structure and function of all of your body's cells. Liver makes about 80% of the cholesterol for your body. Animal products are the source for the rest of the 20% of cholesterol of the body.
First let get familiar with some widely used scientific terms. Cholesterol can either be good or cholesterol or bad cholesterol depending upon its usage and effects. Now, cholesterol is transferred in the body along with a protein. This cholesterol-protein package is called Lipoprotein. Good cholesterol is basically high-density lipoprotein(HDL) cholesterol which cleans up low density lipoprotein (LDL) from blood vessels. LDL is referred to as bad cholesterol as it combines with other substances to form plaques in blood vessels which are responsible for blockage in the blood vessels.
High amount of Cholesterol in your blood vessels shoots up your risk of cardiovascular disease. When the level of this waxy, fatty substance and triglycerides(blood fat) increases considerable, you get more likely to develop plaques in your blood vessels which furthers narrows the arteries slowly and gradually. Hence you are at larger risk to various heart-related diseases.
Do's And Dont's
. Go in for fibrous foods such as salads, fruits, soya milk, oats, soya flour etc
. Eat Omega-3 fatty acids mainly in fish such as salmon, mackerel etc
. Choose best fats for yourself such as olive oil.
. Don't take too much of flour, rice , lard, nuts etc
. Also avoid animal products like red meat, poultry, eggs, dairy products, butter, cheese etc
. Avoid oils like coconut, palm or any other tropical oils.
. Keep date with your gym or exercise schedule and do visit a doctor for perfect guidance.
About the Author
Jasdeep : for http://weightloss-health.com/ your complete and most comprehensive family guide on Health.
Also get free tips and tricks on weight loss and a chance to go through other informative articles targetting various health issues at http://weightloss-health.com/Articles.htm
If you wish to reproduce the above article you are welcome to do so, provided the article is reproduced in its entirety, including this resource box and LIVE link to our website. ...
Author Jasdeep Singh